“Clinique takes you to Ibiza” CONTEST
THE FOLLOWING CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN CANADA ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO CANADIAN LAW. THE CONTEST IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CANADA ONLY. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU ARE NOT A LEGAL RESIDENT OF CANADA. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. ENTRANTS MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF JULY 30, 2016, THE CONTEST STARTING DATE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES.
1. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for the “Clinique takes you to Ibiza” Contest (the “Contest”), an individual must: (i) be a legal resident of Canada throughout the Contest Period; (ii) have reached 21 years of age as of July 30, 2016; and (iii) be legally able to travel to Spain. Employees of "Estee Lauder Cosmetics Ltd." (the “Sponsor”), and each of its respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and any entity involved in production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Entities”) and each of their respective immediate family members and persons domiciled with each such employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. You are not eligible if, at any point during the “Contest Period” (as defined below) you are (or live with) an employee, representative, mandatary or agent of Sponsor, the Contest Entities, or their respective affiliates or licensees.
2. DEADLINES FOR ENTRY. The Contest begins at 1:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on July 30, 2016 and closes at 5:00 PM EST on September 15, 2016 (the "Contest Period"). 3. HOW TO ENTER. There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. To enter the Contest, fill out the on-line entry form located on the Contest Website at: http://cliniqueibiza.ca/ (“Contest Website”). Submission of a completed online entry form constitutes an “Entry” in the Contest.
a. Multiple Entries by the same person using one or more e-mail accounts is not permissible. All Entries must be submitted no later than the end of the Contest Period. Illegible, incomplete, late or garbled Entries will be disqualified. No Entries will be accepted by any other means. Limit one (1) entry per person during the Contest Period.
b. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of Entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. No mechanically or electronically reproduced Entries will be accepted. All Entries must be submitted from a valid email account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to Contest Entities for the purpose of this Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. Sponsor and Contest Entities reserve the right to disqualify any Entry or entrant in its sole discretion, should any Entry or entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information. Potential winners may be requested to provide to the Sponsor proof of identification and eligibility (address and birth date) and proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning Entry. Failure to provide such proof within a reasonable period of time could result in disqualification.
One (1) Grand Prize is available to be won. Grand Prize consists of one (1), four (4)-day, three (3)-night trip for the winner and one (1) guest to Ibiza, Spain. Grand Prize includes round-trip coach air transportation from the major international airport nearest the winner’s residence in Canada, three (3) nights hotel accommodations (one (1) room, double occupancy) at a hotel in Ibiza, Spain selected at the sole discretion of Sponsor, and the entrance to Pacha Closing Party event selected by the Sponsor. Grand Prize winner will fly to Ibiza, Spain on a date to be specified by Sponsor and to take place no later than November 30, 2015. The Grand Prize winner must be able to travel between the dates of October 1, 2016 and October 10, 2016, or he/she will forfeit the Grand Prize and another entrant will be randomly selected from previously received eligible Entries.
The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $3,500 CAD (based on a Toronto, Ontario departure). Actual retail value of the Grand Prize may vary depending on the location of the winner’s residence in Canada. Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for any and all meals, transportation between each winner’s and/or his/her guest’s residence and the major international airport nearest such winner’s and/or guest’s residence, ground transportation in Ibiza, Spain, gratuities, any upgrades, insurance, departure fees and/or taxes, incidentals and any other expenses not specified herein. Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must travel together on the same itinerary. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions, or any act or omission whatsoever by hotels, transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and/or accommodations, including any consequences thereof such as changes in services or accommodations. Sponsor shall not be liable for any loss of or damage to baggage. If either a Grand Prize winner or his/her guest becomes disabled or cannot otherwise fully enjoy the Grand Prize due to illness, the Sponsor shall have the option at their discretion of: (1) being relieved of liability for fulfillment of the Grand Prize or any part thereof; (2) extending the period during which such Grand Prize or prize of equivalent value may be awarded for a period equal to the duration of Grand Prize winner’s or guest’s disability or illness. The Grand Prize winner or his/her guest must prove such disability by a doctor’s certificate, which certificate shall be endorsed by another physician agreeable to Sponsor and the Grand Prize winner, at the Grand Prize winner’s expense. Grand Prize is subject to any and all restrictions instituted by the Spanish Government, as required. Guest of Grand Prize winner must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older at time of participating in the Grand Prize and must be legally able to travel to Spain. Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must travel on the same itinerary. Sponsor are not responsible for any fees or additional charges resulting from a winner’s or his/her guest’s change of accommodations. Grand Prize winner may not choose the cash value in lieu of the Grand Prize. No substitution, assignment, or transfer of the Grand Prize or any portion thereof is permitted. In the event the Grand Prize or any portion thereof is unavailable for any reason, the Sponsor reserve the right, at their discretion, to substitute a Grand Prize or portion thereof of equal or greater value.
4. WINNER SELECTION:
a. A random draw from all eligible Entries received will take place on or around September 20, 2016 at approximately 5:00 PM EST in Toronto, Ontario. Odds of winning are solely dependent upon the number of eligible Entries received.
b. The selected entrant will be notified by phone or email on the date of the draw and must respond within two (2) business days of notification. Upon notification, and in order to be declared a winner, the selected entrant must first correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question. If a selected entrant does not respond in accordance with the Contest Rules or a selected entrant does not comply with the Contest Rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive the Grand Prize and another entrant may be selected from the remaining eligible Entries. Sponsor or Contest Entities will attempt to contact the entrant of any such subsequent draw within one (1) business day of such selection and such selection will be otherwise subject to the same conditions as set out in this paragraph.
c. Sponsor and Contest Entities are not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for Sponsor and Contest Entities to receive a selected entrant’s response (including, but not limited to the fact that the eligible winner has a Call Privacy feature). Before being declared a winner, a selected entrant will be required to sign an agreement and release (“Release”) confirming: (i) compliance with the Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Grand Prize as offered, (iii) releasing the Sponsor and Contest Entities and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in this Contest or participating in any Grand Prize-related activity or the acceptance, use or misuse of any Grand Prize, including without limitation costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising there from; and (iv) granting Sponsor and their designees the unrestricted rights, in their collective or individual discretion, to publish without any further compensation the name, picture, portrait, likeness, voice and ideas of that entrant for advertising and promotional purposes in relation to this Contest. The Releases must be returned within five (5) business days of the notification date indicated on the documents or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Grand Prize forfeited.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
a. All Entries become property of Sponsor upon receipt and will not be returned.
b. The decisions of the Sponsor and Contest Entities will be final and binding on all entrants. The Sponsor and Contest Entities shall not bear any liability for (a) Entries which are lost, stolen, delayed, destroyed, or illegible, incomplete or otherwise improperly completed, (b) the loss, theft or misuse of the prize, or (c) any property damage, personal injury or misfortune in any way attributable to this Contest or the Grand Prize.
c. Sponsor and Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Sponsor and Contest Entities are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. Sponsor and Contest Entities are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrants or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor and Contest Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor and Contest Entities reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. In such event, Sponsor reserve the right to award the prizes by random draw from all eligible, non-suspect entries received at the time of termination.
6. CONDUCT: By entering this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Contest Rules. Entrants further agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor and Contest Entities, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor and Contest Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant they find to be: (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest and/or the Contest Website; (b) violating the Contest Rules; or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE Sponsor RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. RELEASE/PRIVACY/USE OF APPLICANT INFORMATION. By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees to (a) use of entrant's personal information by the Sponsor and Contest Entities for the sole purposes of administering the Contest and awarding prizes; and (b) execute a Release as described in these Contest Rules. Each entrant's personal information will not be provided to any third parties.
8. LAWS. These are official Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. These Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsor or Contest Entities.
9. TERMINATION: Subject to the jurisdiction of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux in Quebec, Sponsor and Contest Entities reserve the right to amend or terminate all or any portion of this Contest at any time for any reason without prior notice.
10. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY: In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English language version and the French language version of these Contest Rules, the English version shall prevail, govern and control.
11. QUEBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
12. For an official list of winners, send an email to email@example.com with "Clinique Takes You to Ibiza Contest" in the subject line.